Saturday 16 August 2014

I do like to be beside the sea side !

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all well, all fine here t Dreamees HQ.

We had a really busy weekend last weekend with the Great British Cratf Festival, on the Friday we did workshops to over 240 crafters it was amazing we loved it, we did the Hat from our cd Templates and More and everyone enjoyed it. It was lovely to meet so many lovely crafters from all over.It was also my birthday on the Sunday , I received some lovely cards from customers , a box of chocolates from the lovely Cheremane Smith, also another bo from Kathy Mills and her daughter Cara, then a real lovely surprise I received a Fairy Door in MDF which I was thinking I would love one of those, from the lovely Mel Heaton, so a big thank you to you all.
Right, getting on with my card for today, I actually made it last week using the Dreamees By the sea stamp set available here i think this is such a fun set of stamps and you can use it for male or female cards, also for children too so a real all rounder.
I decided on a navy and red theme for the backing papers, also of the colouring of the boats, I did colour them in so rough as this is the effect I wanted to end up with, because the boats are like a sketch stamp so decided to stay with the sketch effect. I used promarkers for the boats, but for the sea and sky I used pan pastels available here. I matt and layered all different sizes of backing papers onto white card, to keep with the clean effect. I then curled some string to embellish in the top left hand corner tied a bow with the same string attached a little anchor embellishment too.I also added some navy ribbon and bow .
I hope you like this card and thank you all for looking, I do appreciate it.

Have a nice weekend.

Carol xx



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Carol, I like the image the charm and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous seaside scene and a wonderful card for a guy as well.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete