Tuesday 9 September 2014

Shabby Rose

Hello everyone,

I do hope you are all well and enjoying this extra bit of sunshine we are all having at the moment, its nice for me because I like it sunny but cool if that makes sense so this weather is so great for me.

Anyway getting back to the card I am showing you all today this I have called Shabby Rose after the collection of stamps it is made from.
I have used papers from the "Something to Treasure" cd rom available here which has such beautiful papers on without counting the 16 lovely templates too, well worth buying, you will use it forever.
I have also used Tattered Lace and spellbinders dies.
Also my first attempt at colouring a full image in with the Spectrum Noir pencils these are becoming my fave at the minute.
I have also used the flower stamps from the Dress set of stamps available here.
First of all I created a white card blank 14cm square, then matt and layered some kraft card and papers from the cd, I did this a few times with different sizes of card and paper to make the interest of the layers I have also distress with the Gathered twigs distress ink pad available here.
I then cut the spellbinders oval die and stamped my image on it from the Shabby Rose stamp set available here, this image is so pretty, I then coloured the image with spectrum noir pencils and am really pleased with the effect. I added  two pieces of lace across the card added the topper in the centre after distressing the edges.
I then stamped the flowers out onto the patterned papers I had already printed and layered the petals up to make 3 d flowers to embellish the card, I added a pearl into each centre too. I then cut a Tattered Lace corner and leaves to add to the finished card.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this card.

Speak soon

Carol xx


2 comments: