Sunday 10 March 2013

Blooming Brights meets Pretty Pastels

Good evening, I hope you are all well. 
Tonight I am showing you a card I have made today, which I am happy about because I have not made a card for a week, just not felt like it , not that I have been poorly or anything just my mojo seemed to have gone for a while lol.
This card has been made using the Blooming Brights cd, incorporating the blank flower templates from Pretty Pastels cd which enables you to use any backing paper to make your flowers to match the project you are making. 




Right getting to the card , I used a blank card 14cm square, covered this with a lilac paper, then a yellow paper on top leaving a narrow border. I then cut another piece of the purple backing paper 10cm square then a yellow paper again leaving a narrow border to mount on top. Attach this to the card at an angle. I then cut a piece of the lilac paper 14cm long by 5 cm wide again matt and layer with the yellow on top, then I  printed the plain Lilac paper from the cd  and used a Martha Stewart punch  to make a fancy edge which I attached to the paper I have just matt and layered , attached this to the card down the left hand side.
I then printed a sheet of the sentiments again from the cd cut an oval around the sentiment using a straight spellbinders oval die, then cut a scalloped oval edged with brown, another spellbinders die. Matt and layered these together as you can see in the picture attached to the main card.
I then printed the yellow and lilac backing papers I need from the blooming Brights cd, put the papers back into the printer and printed the blank flower templates from the Pretty Pastels cd , then I had the flower shapes I need in the papers I wanted to match my project. 
Attached these to the bottom right hand corner of the card as shown.
I then added a yellow double bow ribbon to the top left of the card, and a last touch a rolled flower in the middle of the bow.
I just added self adhesive pearls to add a bit of detail to the middle of some of the flowers, edges of the ribbon, and on the oval sentiment.
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog I would appreciate it if you would like to leave a comment.
The Dreamees products can all be purchased from www.dreamees.org.uk

Carol xx


No comments:

Post a Comment