Saturday, 23 February 2013

A little bit of pastel




Hi everyone, well it has been a bit busy here to say the least, since my last post we have been back to one of our fave venues for the shows - The National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham - we really do adore it there, the people are so friendly and  love to see Dreamees products and love the demos which Hayley treats them to, we sold out of lots of our new products at this first show for us of 2013.
Tomorrow we are heading up to Houghton Le Spring near Sunderland for the Ross Papercraft Show, we are excited about this one too as we havent been to this venue ( Rainton Meadows ) for a few months, we have lots of new products to show our customers up there which I am sure they will  love.
Anyway today I am showing you a card I made last week - it has been made using the Pretty Pastels cd rom available at www.dreamees.org.uk 
First of all I started with a 13cm square card blank.
Distressed the edges of the base card using walnut stain distress ink pad.
I then printed some backing papers from the cd , matt and layered these onto the base card,.I then cut a square and a rectangle  to use as matt and layers to add interest to the base before I added the topper , in this case  it was a sentiment from the cd to act as topper.
I used a Martha Stewart punch to cut edges for the square and rectangle.
I have used a spellbinders die to cut out a white flower shape, then the size smaller of the same die over the sentiment which I wanted to use from the cd. I then distressed these pieces with walnut stain again.
I added the square and rectangle to the base card as you can see in the pictures.
I then cut various flowers  from the cd in the colours Brown and Teal, to make the display in the bottom left hand corner. I also cut some leaves out from out Cuttables range of cds which are aimed at people with computer cutting machines like the craft robo and cameo as these cds use gsd  files.
I then did a stitching effect around the large spellbinders shape just to give more interest.
Putting everything in place I used double sided tape and sticky pads to raise certain aspects to give texture too.
I then cut 3 small pieces of ribbon and just stuck them unde the shaped edge under the square shape.
then just adding peals to the points of the flower shap die cut, and the centres of the flowers. 
The card is now complete on the front.

For the inside I made a simple tag covered it again with papers from the cd  added a bit of ribbon too.
I then covered the inside of the card by matt and layer with two backing papers, made a strip across the inside of the card to slide the tag into.

The card is now complete. 
Thank you for taking the time to have a look at this project.

Carol xx

2 comments:

  1. I love this one Carol. I have a feeling the CD may be coming home with me tomorrow ;-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you like it Linda.
      Carol x

      Delete